First IFIP/IMIA Working Conference, Interfacing bio- and medical informatics Amsterdam, the Netherlands, 27 September, 2012
Please consider to contribute submitting papers that covers the interface between bioinformatics and medical informatics.
The IFIP/IMIA event will be held as part of the 22nd IFIP World Computer Congress 2012 (http://www.wcc-2012.org/).
Submission of papers: May 15, 2012
Notification to authors: June 15, 2012
Camera-ready copies: September 1, 2012
Papers offering research contributions as well as papers providing practical cases are solicited for submission to the conference. Papers will be selected on criteria such as novelty, soundness and technical quality and interest to the participants. Also proposals for panel discussions are invited. Papers may present topics including but not limited to:
• Personalized medicine
• Cancer informatics
• Population genetics
• Bioinformatics approaches for diseases study
• Genomics and proteomics in medicine
• Analysis of gene expression, mutation, variations and next generation sequencing
• Linking genotype with phenotype
• Databases, data management and integration
• Query languages, information retrieval, interoperability, biomedical ontologies and
• Knowledge discovery, machine learning, pattern recognition and text mining
• Data visualization
• High-performance, grid and cloud computing
Accepted papers will be published by Springer as edited post-conference proceedings in the IFIP AICT (Advances in Information and Communication Technology) Series.